Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Icecutter's Daughter by Tracie Peterson

I'm a little behind. This is one of three reviews I'm cranking out tonight.

The Icecutter's Daughter tugged at me. I haven't read many of Tracie Peterson's books, but she's quickly becoming a favorite of mine. From the beginning, I was frustrated with Rurik's situation. Svea, his supposed betrothed just irritated me beyond belief. I was shocked towards the end to find her brother was as crooked as he was. My goodness. The whole story captivated me, though. I loved the simplicity of Merrill. She's so strong, yet every bit the woman she needed to be to snag Rurick. Perhaps it was a tad predictable at times, but the story was so real and appealing. I highly recommend this one and have already passed it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment