Thursday, May 30, 2013

Firefly Island by Lisa Wingate

Firefly Island

This was my first novel by Ms. Wingate. It took me a few chapters to get wrapped up, but I ended up loving the book. Yes, it was predictable to a point, but I am a sucker for a good love story. It was definitely that. The whirlwind romance and marriage of Mallory and Daniel was a bit unbelievable, but still so sweet. Stranger things have happened. Mr. West seems to be misunderstood the entire book and his son, well, he was just plain horrible. I loved the ease with which Mallory was able to begin seeing Daniel's child as her own. If only it were that easy for everyone that marries someone with children. I was frustrated by Daniel's lack of concern for their initial living conditions and the whole job situation. Overall, though, it was a beautiful story, one I would recommend. Loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment