Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Guardian by Beverly Lewis

The Guardian

I can't help it. I love Beverly Lewis books. All of them. This one was no different. It didn't seem as predictable as some, and I did appreciate that. From the beginning, I wanted to hug Jodi myself. Grief is such a difficult thing and Mrs. Lewis showed so many ways, with several characters, that people approach and tackle their grief. Maryanna's skepticism was natural, but I loved the way her heart was eventually turned toward Joshua and Jodi. I enjoyed the way Mrs. Lewis used Maryanna and Jodi to help each other heal and see how different things could be. I actually got so wrapped up in this story that I cried right along with them most of the time. I wanted to shake Maryanna for staying away from Joshua for so long. I loved this book and have already passed it on. Loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment