Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Book Review: Travelers Rest by Ann Tatlock

This was my first Ann Tatlock book, and I can honestly say I was hooked from page 1. I had no difficulty getting into this one. It was a heart-breaking look at wounded veterans, but I was intrigued by the way Ann handled her characters. It was obvious Jane was struggling with the changes she and Seth would face, should they continue their engagement, but she was determined to make things work. She had already committed to Seth. That's a rare thing in this day and age, but she was committed when she accepted his proposal. I appreciated the ending, sad as it was. The whole book seemed genuine and true-to-life, not sugar-coated. It was a fast, but wonderful read. I highly recommend Travelers Rest and will be looking for other Ann Tatlock books.

No comments:

Post a Comment